One of most important people involved on your wedding day is your photographer. They are responsible for capturing every moment on this big day so that you have these photos with you for the rest of your life. These are photos that you will be sharing with family, friends, and maybe one day your children. Here are a few tips to consider before you book a photographer.
• There is more than one way to shoot a wedding. The couple should consider their personal style and do some research. Find out what type of photography speaks to you.
• Do you prefer candid imagery with natural light or more of a posed portrait? Some couples like the photographer to just go with the flow of things while others prefer more direction.
• Don’t forget the details. Make sure you discuss the behind-the-scenes moments with your photographer to ensure they will be present when you need them. Things like the flowers, cake, and seating cards are all memorable images so it never hurts to tell the photographer what photos you want. You can always ask for a detailed shot list so you know what the photographer plans to cover.
• Make sure to set up a meeting with your photographer. Get to know them and make sure there is a natural chemistry between both of you. You will be spending hours with them on the big day, so connecting with them is very important.
• Typically, photographers go through all the photos and choose the ones that are best for you and your wedding album. Don’t be afraid to ask for all the pictures so that you can see their work from start to finish.
• Give your photographer a schedule of the big day so they know where to be and when to be there. Do this when meeting your photographer so they can give you a better estimate of the cost, especially since you might need them longer than the number of hours included in the package.
In my opinion, you can’t put a price on the memories that will be created on your wedding day. Be willing to extent the photography budget, especially if it means capturing all the incredible moments from that night. Now that you have a few ideas of what to do, go find that perfect photographer for your special day!
I wanted to share some of the photo ideas I have found that I want my photographer to capture on my big day. Feel free to steal!